E-commerce is all about cutthroat competition these days, and you can’t overlook even the slightest aspect of you customers’ contentment. If you ignore that fact, you are unknowingly benefiting your competitors and allowing your customers to buy from them. One of the most important aspects is website speed and you need to pay special attention to speed when developing an e-commerce website. Any website, which instantly responds to customers’ needs, becomes a favorite source for them. Customers not only like to shop from such websites, but they also like to use it again. That’s why developers of e-commerce websites keep speed on top priority when developing e-commerce websites.
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor programming language is being widely used in e-commerce websites development. It allows developers to generate dynamic pages with syntax like C, Java and Perl. Your script becomes almost impossible to steal if written in PHP and this one is the biggest advantage of using PHP. Apart from swiftness, there are several other advantages of PHP in e-commerce website development.
- MySQL database and PHP combination is an effective tool to develop e-commerce websites. This affordable, but remarkably fast system is being widely used in an array of applications these days. Creating shopping cart and many other e-commerce tools become quite easy with this combination.
- The loading time of some website can be reduced by making the most of switch () function. Comparison of a variable against several values can be done quite quickly.
- A website can also become speedier with exit () function. This function closes the whole script and nothing keeps working after that. This function can be used not only to increase an e-commerce website speed, but gives better finishing to the script as well.
- The start/end functions can also be used to calculate PHP scripts execution time. With PHP.ini file, php script execution time also be boosted or decreased according to your requirement. In e-commerce website development, this execution time calculation is considered a vital function.
- Compiling or simply caching the dynamic pages can also prove very effective to boost speed.
Google has been backing website owners to improve their website speed, and recently the search giant has announced that website speed will be used as an important parameter for search engine ranking. In these circumstances, it becomes a matter of utmost importance for websites owners to check the speed of their websites.